1) Believe your book needs to be promoted. The harsh reality is that the world’s isn’t waiting for you to publish a book. (Remember writing and publishing your book is the easy part)
2) Have plan or strategy in place well before you publish your book.
3) Remember no one can promote your book better than you, the author, can.
4) The first 3 to 6 months are critical, get as much publicity as you can.
5) Always have your business card ready to hand out.
6) Make sure you have a quality photography of yourself and of your book to send to the media.
7) Prepare your press releases in advance. Have a hook…eg. I launched my first book with a climb to the top of Mt. Fisher and the 2nd with climb to the Kain Hut in the Bugaboos.
8) Take on as many events as your schedule…
View original post 61 more words