- Know the genre of your book and read other books that are in your genre. If you like how the book is put together, look for the publisher’s contact information.
- If you have any, ask your author friends who have self-published for recommendations. Find out their experiences with their publishers and if they could personally recommend them to you.
- Check online for a list of self-publishing companies. Find some that specialize in your genre, and research them more.
- Subscribe to publications directed toward the publishing industry, such as “Editor & Publisher” or “Publishers Weekly.” These periodicals will keep you informed on the publishing industry. Editor & Publisher is geared toward the newspaper industry, but it covers those authors who have recently published books.
- Browse the section in the bookstore or on Amazon that shelves books in your genre. This is a good way to see what books are comparable to yours and what publishers are picking them up.
- Another 5 Simple Self Publishing Tips (selfpubadvocate.wordpress.com)
- The Evolving World of Publishing: What authors must know to succeed (amarketingexpert.com)
- How To Choose A Publisher (chooseyourpublisher.com)
- Everything You Must Consider Before Choosing a Book Self-Publishing Company: An Overview (selfpubadvocate.wordpress.com)