Originally posted on December 31, 2012 at Indie Book Writers
Here are five simple tips to help you make sure you get to your goal.
1. Pick a date when you want to hold a copy of your book.
Writing is a process, but publishing is a goal so you need a deadline. And I have found the authors who are successful in self publishing, set a date when they want to hold a copy of their book. Sounds simple, but it is really important.
2. Decide when is the best time for you to write and make that your routine.
I have talked to hundreds of authors and the ones who get to the goal have a discipline about their writing. Most have a better time in the day when they write most productively. What is your best time to write? Do you know when it is? Have you marked out that time on your calendar everyday or most everyday.
3. Make yourself accountable to help you stay on track.
No secret here. Most goals are reached because we have others who help us get there. Find someone to provide encouragement as you write. This could be a friend, a relative or maybe a member of a local or online writers’ group. The Author Learning Center has tools and an online Author Circle that can help.
4. Select the best publishing path based on your goals, budget and time and talent you have to invest.
The Four Paths to Publishing whitepaper can help you understand and evaluate your options. You can download a free copy here.
5. Plan your book launch event.
Just like setting a deadline for holding your book, you want to set a date for a book launch party. Becoming a published author is quite an accomplishment and it is cause for celebration. Be creative. Think about holding it somewhere other an book store. Sell copies of your book and ask those who buy them to go online and write reviews. It will help you build your platform and get word of mouth started.
For the full content, visit the original post on indiebookwriters.com
- 5 Simple Tips On How To Choose A Publisher (selfpubadvocate.wordpress.com)
- Self-Publishing No-No’s: You Can Tell A Book By Its Cover. (thebestchapter.com)
- “So You Want to Write a Story!” Author, Linda Maria Frank, Offers Workshop on Self-Publishing and Marketing with Colleague (prweb.com)