One of the areas that you need to take care of when self-publishing your book is how to market it effectively so that potential readers will get to know about it, hopefully like it, and ultimately buys it!
Of the many social media marketing outlets you can use on marketing your book, WordPress is recommended to be one of the major outlets. Creating a wordpress blog and gathering a good number of followers can leverage you from those who are not into blogging.
Follow the steps below on how to create a wordpress self-hosted blog:
1.) Go to http://wordpress.com/ and click on the big orange Get Started button.
2.) Fill-out the details on the screen and click on “no thanks. I’ll use the free address“
3) For now, click on “Create Blog“. But you can always select UPGRADE if you want to.
4.) Afterwards, a confirmation email will be sent to you.
5.) Check the email you used during the registration for any confirmation email from WordPress.
6.) Once the “Activate Blog” is clicked, it will redirect you to another screen wherein you need to enter your Blog Title, Tagline, and Language. Click “Next Step” after you are done filling out the necessary details.
7.) Next is you need to choose a theme for your blog. For now, just click on “Next Step” as we can change themes later on the dashboard.
8.) Customize Theme – For now just clicked on “Next Step” again as we will cover the customization later on a separate post.
9.) On the next screen, click on “Finish”
10.) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You have just made a new blog for your book!! ^_^. Have Fun and you can now create your first post if you wish to.
I will cover the customization of the blog on a separate post.
- BloggingWordPress.net Rolls Out Top 10 Business and E-Commerce… (prweb.com)
- How to Optimize WordPress Sites for the Search Engines (business2community.com)
- How Do I Integrate My WordPress Blog With AWeber? (technorrati.wordpress.com)
- How to Secure Your WordPress Blog from Hackers (and Google!) (raventools.com)
- Want to Know How to Create Links in WordPress Effectively? (bloggingtips.com)