Well, revision of the first draft of To Drown in Sand is properly underway. While my theme editor, the amazing Chad Horton, performs his surgery, I’m working through each scene with surprise and a sense of wonder.
After following Mr. King’s advice, and not touching or looking at the manuscript since about September (alright, I’m fibbing. I may have tweaked and toggled bits here and there, but nothing committed. I actually dug pretty deeply into the sequel), I pulled out my copy of the book and my red pen, took a deep breath, and flipped open the last scene. I like to rewrite backwards, apparently.
I admit to thinking that the manuscript actually wouldn’t need much.
Which is great. Because, in this case, I’m glad I was wrong.
I didn’t really know what revision was. But after researching it thoroughly, and discovering how critical it is to the process, I’m…
View original post 416 more words